Why choose Dual Enrollment?
- College courses and textbooks are free to public school students
- Earn free college credits while still in high school and save money.
Requirements for Dual Enrollment
- Must have completed one high school course
- Unweighted HS GPA of 3.0 (does not apply to Homeschool) and passing score ACT, SAT or PERT tests
- Vocational credit programs require unweighted HS GPA of 2.0 and passing score on TABE test and must intend on completling the entire vocational certificate program
- Home-schooled students must be registred with the school district as a home-schooled student, complete an home school affadavit, and sign a home-schooled articulation agreement
For more information about dual enrollment attend a DSC dual enrollment information session click here
NEW!! Dual Enrollment Requirements have been updated...
- Course selection click here
- College Credit programs require a minimum of a 3.0 unweighted high school GPA and qualifying test scores.
- Vocational programs require a minimum 2.0 cumulative, unweighted high school GPA, and qualifying test scores.
Visit the DSC website:
Under the New Students section click "Apply to DSC"
Click "Appy Now" to complete the dual enrollment application
Click "How to Appy Guide" for step instruction on completing the DSC dual enrollment application or for the "How to Apply Guide" click here the how to apply to guides is attached
Click https://daytonastate.edu/dual-enrollment/enrollment-steps.html scroll down to locate information for returing students
- Complete your Dual Enrollment Form, then connect with your school counselor to verify you still meet eligibility requirement and to review your course selections.
- Submit your signed form to begin the registration process from your FalconMail student email
If you have any questions, please feel free to email your school counselor or Ms. Coy.
114 (Intermediate Algebra)
123 (College Algebra)
Dual enrollment deadline dates Summer/Fall 2022
- Registration Opens March 31
- Summer Registration deadline May 4
- Fall Registration deadline May 27
* Students must complete their DSC admissions application, placement testing, and submit a signed dual enrollment form with courses selected for Full/A/B term courses by this date to be enrolled.
Textbook Checkout- Please review this page for information regarding textbook checkout
Note-- Dual Enrollment textbooks are loaned to you just like school textbooks and are the property of Volusia County Schools. You check out and return your DSC books in the media center during normal school hours (8:15-3:45).
- Check out DSC bookstore website for the books you need for your classes: https://www.bkstr.com/daytonastatedaytonastore/home
- Search for the books you need using your DSC ID number.
- Make a list or take a screenshot of what you need. This will help to ensure you receive the materials you need to be successful in your classes.
- Come to the media center during school hours with your DSC ID number.
- We check out the books to you just like any other textbook. If we do not have the book, we will check to see if another school has the book and request a transfer for you.
- If you need a book that we do not have or if it is an eBook access code that you need, you will receive a voucher (charged to SHS) to take to the DSC bookstore. A voucher is used like cash at the DSC bookstore to purchase the designated book.
- Return the receipt with the yellow copy of the voucher to the media center before the course completion. (Anything purchased with a voucher is the property of Volusia County Schools and must be returned to the media center at the end of the course or you will be charged).
- All books are due within 1 week of the course ending.
- Single use access codes DO NOT NEED to be returned.
Note-- VCS Policy states… if you do not return materials within 1 week of the end of the course or as soon as the school is open if the course ends in the summer or during a break, you will be charged for them. If the media center is closed, please hold the materials until the media center is open and only leave with Ms. Danese or Mrs. Franklin.
NO ADDITIONAL DUAL ENROLLMENT TEXTBOOKS WILL BE ISSUED TO YOU UNTIL YOU RETURN THE BOOKS OR CLEAR THE OBLIGATION.